Thursday, May 5, 2011

"I saw a werewolf with a Chinese menu in his hand, walking through the streets of SoHo in the rain...."

I'll just jump right in and say it. I'm going to the U.K. and France this Fall. The plan is to spend 9 days in London, 1 day at Stonehenge/surrounding areas and 1 day is Paris. To say I'm excited is and understatement. : )

This all came about last Monday - and last Monday I had $0.00 saved towards this trip. Today I have a substantially greater amount saved - all in a week's time! I have a savings goal of $3,000 for the trip (including everything I need to pay for; flight, room, sights, transportation, food, shopping, etc.) and I'm well on my way to making that goal within a few months.

My friend Nikole had a planned trip in place and asked me if I wanted to go. I was hesitant at first because I thought it would be a huge financial undertaking - but when she asked again, I jumped on the chance. The trip isn't for another 6 months so I have plenty of time to put away the amount of money I need. Let me just say that I'm in full-force penny pinching mode. I've even considered cutting out eating. Kidding. I have, however, cut back on my spending A LOT. I'll stick to a budget from here on out and I'll be saving more money left and right!

I'm at the perfect place in my life to start doings BIG things for me. I have slipped into the mundane and it bothers me. I get up, I go to work, I go to school, I go to bed. I repeat the process. Boring. And I am NOT boring. I am really looking forward to this trip for many reasons. I'm looking forward to going to a place I have wanted to go for as long as I can remember. I'm looking forward to the new experiences and emotions felt. I'm looking forward to actually visiting a place that is outside of the United States. (Sure, I've been to Hawaii - but that is still technically a U.S. State.) I'm looking forward to the 12+ hour flight! (Seriously! I could read an entire book in that time!) I'm looking forward to the complete and utter independence. This trip signifies me coming to a point where I might actually be considered an adult afterward. (Here's hoping I return home unscathed.)

I am so, so, so, so, so, so excited. To the point of obsession.

More on this later I'm sure.

*Thank you Warren Zevon, for inspiring my post title with a line from one of your songs "Werewolves of London" - which happens to be a favorite of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment