Monday, April 4, 2011

This train is back on track...

Since training for, completing, and recovering from the half marathon (it will be 5 months ago since the actual race tomorrow) I gained about 15 pounds. I started training for the half marathon last June and I was probably about 145 lb. I did Weight Watchers point counting on and off from June to October but by the end of October I gave it up and carbs became my friend. I was still eating healthy and constantly running so I was able to pretty much maintain a healthy weight. On the day of the half marathon I think I weighed about 149 lb. Since completing those 13.1 miles all those months ago I have not been nearly as active as I was before. I've done a few 5K's over the last few months but I haven't really applied myself and made myself run or even go to the gym. Needless to say...it started to show.

After losing 60 pounds almost 2 years ago, my lowest weight was 138. Yep. Do the math. I was almost 200 pounds at the time I started the change. (I have no shame about this, by the way. As you can tell.) I used a combination of the Weight Watchers program (for free though...I didn't attend meetings) and obsessively working out. So counting from about 140 lb in early to mid 2010 to 2 weeks ago when I weighed myself in the middle of the day and was horrified to see the scale read 155.8 lb is a 15 pound gain. In a fairly short amount of time. I decided a few weeks ago to get back on the Weight Watchering wagon and shed these 15 pounds I put on.

I signed up for a free 7-day trial of Weight Watchers online and immediately fell in love with the program all over again. During the 7-day free trial I lost 2.3 pounds and last week I lost 2.6 pounds. I'm almost out of the 150's!! The subscription I signed up for is 3 months long so I am hoping to meet my goal within that time and at this losing rate I think I am on the right track.

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited that you're excited and that is helping me stay excited! Make sense?

    ReplyDelete