Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Things...

#1: I cut myself while shaving LAST Saturday (not this past Saturday, the one before) and have never in my entire life been in so much pain and agony from a shaving wound. At one point in my life I thought I was responsible enough to handle a razor - what the hell happened?! There I was, doing my business, shaving my legs as usual when BAM! - I flex my foot wrong and the razor takes about an inch and a half long strip of skin off of my ankle. Needless to say it bled pretty bad. I have tried to nurse it pretty regularly; Neosporin, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, etc. It just now seems to be getting better. Plus, I currently have a pretty sweet scabbed up reminder of my leg shaving disaster. I can't wait for the scar. I'm sure it will be epic.

#2: I had a glass of wine with a basket of chicken fingers and fries on Thursday for dinner. And I don't know when I started failing to hold my alcohol. After the one glass I was pretty buzzed. And it was a Thursday. Did I mention the wine was accompanied by chicken fingers and fries....WITH a side of ranch? At a bar? Yeah. Classy.

#3: I gained 5 pounds in 4 days. See above "thing". Plus some other "things".

#4: I have my 3rd race of the year coming up this Saturday. It's the Six Tunnels to Hoover Dam 5K at Lake Mead. This particular race was the first one I ever signed up for and completed last year. I am really hoping to beat my time from last year, 34:29. I'm excited for this 5K because my sister is doing it too - her first!

#5: I am going to have a pretty awesome work week next week. I will actually even have a 4 day weekend!

#6: Had my first paid cupcake making gig this week. I made Chocolate Fudge Cupcakes with a Chocolate Fudge Buttercream Frosting, topped with Three Musketeers Bites and Sprinkles for my brother-in-law's birthday. I have another "booking" for a St. Patrick's Day birthday next week and I can't wait to get started on all the details.

#7: Where has Mumford & Sons been all my life?! I am currently obsessed with this band. Love, love, love!

"Your grace is wasted in your face, your boldness stands alone among the wreck."

"'Cause I have other things to fill my time, you take what is yours and I'll take mine."

"'Cause I need freedom and I need to know how to live my life as it's meant to be."

#8: I was pretty sure I was either having a nervous breakdown or a quarter-life crisis as of Wednesday last week. This being an adult stuff sort of sucks. Seriously. Nothing a basket-o-chicken and fries with a glass of Pinot Grigio couldn't fix though.

#9: I am really done with Winter. Where is Spring when you need him?! Spring brings baseball season - my second favorite season. And shorts. And flip flops. And brightly colored pedicure polish choices. And new clothes. I could go on. Point being - I'm through with being cold. Hello, Sunshine!

#10: I can't really think of a tenth "thing". We'll leave it at nine.

1 comment: