Thursday, January 27, 2011

"My get up and go must have got up and went..."

Today marks (only) the FIFTH time since the half marathon in December that I have actually ran. *sigh* I guess not running lately has been a mixture of wanting to rid myself of any lingering shin splints and IT band issues and being a little lazy (ok, a lot). I can't stand being uncomfortable and in pain so wanting to rest was a big part of my absence. In addition to that...I like sleeping in during the winter.

All of that is over and done, however, because today marked a mile stone. I ran a mile in 11:12 and 1.25 miles in 14:00. My PR was set at the first 5K I did last March; finished in 34:29 which is roughly an 11:06 pace. But today...after not setting shoes to pavement regularly for almost 2 months...I did just over an 11 minute mile! I signed up for my February race which will be on the 19th. It's called the Las Vegas 2011 Fat Boy 5K. Hahahahaha. I can't wait! Rumor has it...there will be beer, brats, and donuts after finishing. I hope there is an awesome shirt too!

March will bring the Six Tunnels to Hoover Dam 5K on the 12th and for April I am seriously contemplating doing the Inagural Summerling Half Marathon on the 9th. It sounds so fun! It is limited to 400 people though, I'm just trying to decide if I want to do it or now. Doing it would mean getting back to a set training schedule. Goodbye sleep....goodbye life....but on the other hand....HELLO CARBS!! It's just in over 2 months too...that's another factor.

*Internal dialogue* I don't know...I want to do it, but I know what a large committment it is to train.

I think I probably will end up doing it. As long as I don't come in last....I'll be fine. : )

This whole goal-setting thing I have made is actually working out!

Here's to 9 more races!

1 comment:

  1. The fun part about the Fat Boy 5k is I read the racers start in order according to weight with the heaviest starting first. Something about trying to catch everyone in front of you. The beer and brats afterward will be A-W-E-S-O-M-E!

    ReplyDelete