Friday, December 3, 2010

This is really happening...

I'm going to the Health and Fitness Expo tonight to pick up my race day stuff. Bib number, timing chip, swag bag, tech. shirt, etc. When I printed out the confirmation sheet last night - it hit me. I'm going to complete a half marathon. This is BIG for me. It will be right up there in the Top Moments of My Life! I keep thinking back to the day I decided to do it.....what in the heck was I thinking?!?! Hahaha.

I'm so ready to pound the pavement with +/-28,000 of my closest friends. I'm so excited, yet so anxious, yet so nervous...all wrapped up in one. It's a good feeling though...really good.

Who knows...I might feel like doing a full 26.2 mile long marathon one day. For now, we'll see how this experience pans out.


See you at the finish line.

1 comment:

  1. Ohmygoodness! I just got chills reading this. I am so excited for you and I couldn't be more proud of you. You have worked so hard and come so far in the last 2 years and look at you, running a half marathon! Can't wait to celebrate with you at the finish. If you think I cried at your 5k I will probably be bawling at your half. I'm tearing up now just thinking about it. SO proud of you! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete