Monday, July 5, 2010

1 week down, 22 to go...

My first week of half marathon training is done and now I'm into the second!


Sunday: 2.16 miles

Monday: Rest day

Tuesday: 2.67 miles

Wednesday: 1.86 miles

Thursday: 20 min of yoga at home...I couldn't go to the gym that day

Friday: Rest day

Saturday: 2.89 miles


A website called Map My Run (www.mapmyrun.com) has been super handy. You literally track the distance you ran with little digital markers and it maps it for you. Calculating the miles I ran couldn't be easier, seeing as how my iPod is out of commission; which I would normally use with my Nike+ software. Stupid technology. At least my iPod works every once in a while and only on shuffle. And without a screen. But there is still music coming out. Which is better than nothing I suppose.

In any case, it was really easy to fit a run into my day; I either got up way early in the morning or went in the evening after work. The heat has been a factor! It is really hot even at 6:30 or 7:00 in the evening. That's Las Vegas for you. On a scale of 1 to 10, this week's training was a 10! Albeit an easy 10. It only gets harder from here but I am ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment